- Schedules room and cleaning assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Inspects all assigned suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, equipment, linens, etc. are clean and in good repair.
- Performs all housekeeping duties necessary, including making beds, vacuuming and cleaning.
- Verifies and updates status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
- Randomly selects assigned rooms to ensure cleanliness.
- Counsels Housekeepers on discrepancies. Notifies Executive Housekeeper of maintenance repairs necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years in Housekeeping experience
- Minimum of High School education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team member
- Excellent time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of hotel Housekeeping operations
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions; contributes to the team’s efforts.