Who We Are
The Edgewater offers a proud revival of a historic hotel, committed to the trust and confidence we earn from our employees, customers, and partners. We are located in the heart of downtown Madison, next door to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and within walking distance of the Capitol Square and downtown. We offer 202 rooms and the finest in luxury hotel services and amenities right on the water's edge of Lake Mendota. You will meet a wide variety of guests coming to stay with us for a few nights, joining us for a meal in one of our three restaurants, taking advantage of our salon and spa, or even just coming by to enjoy a special event. If you are looking to work at a hotel that is as welcoming and fun as the city of Madison itself, this is the place.
What We Accomplish Together
If you enjoy displaying your exceptional organization and cleaning skills while caring for a wide variety of guests daily, the Housekeeping Room Attendant position is the job for you. Room Attendants play a very important role in the overall functions of the Edgewater. As a Room Attendant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our guests feel welcomed and cared for by expertly preparing their guest rooms for their arrival, and continuing to attend to their rooms during their stay – all while maintaining an energetic, professional, and welcoming demeanor. The Edgewater demands the highest quality of customer service, and the Room Attendant position reflects that as you are often times meeting guests throughout the hotel. The Room Attendant position is where your hard work ethic and exceptional customer service skills are appreciated and recognized by both the guests and The Edgewater Team.
What We Have
- Flexible scheduling.
- A comprehensive benefit package for all full-time staff including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage as well as Paid Time Off, 401K contribution matching and voluntary life insurance.
- Discounts to our 3 onsite restaurants.
- Discounts to our onsite Spa's services and retail as well as discounted stays at affiliated hotels.
- Discounted onsite parking for full-time team members, discounted off-site parking for part-time team members, or a supplied Madison Metro bus pass.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
What You Have
- Previous experience providing cleaning or janitorial services. Experience within a hospitality role is a plus.
- The physical ability to carry out all job duties efficiently.
- The ability to read room charts and understand the different room numbers and room types at The Edgewater.
- A caring, positive attitude with a genuine interest in ensuring our customers have memorable experiences.
- A team-oriented attitude and a detail-focused mind.
- Excellent customer service skills with the desire to work in a team environment.
- A flexible schedule to accommodate our weekend and holiday availability.
This position operates in a professional hotel environment. The role uses standard housekeeping supplies such as cleaning products and tools, large laundry carts and supply carts. This position requires weekend work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is very active and is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. This position is required to regularly move a housekeepers cart from room to room when cleaning assigned guest rooms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.