The Registered Nurse School Health plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in the school setting. Needs minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, delivery of skilled nursing procedures and interventions as well as evaluation of student health outcomes within schools as assigned.
- Provides nursing services to students in the school setting based on appropriate nursing theory and nursing process.
- Utilizes excellent time management skills in order to manage acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Monitors compliance of school health program pursuant to the Florida State Nurse Practice Act and the written protocols included in the School Health Services Manual.
- Maintains appropriate health room documentation, including computer applications and records according to established School District guidelines and policies.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation which reflects the standards of nursing practice.
- Collects information about the health and developmental status of the student in a systematic and continuous manner. Formulates age appropriate nursing diagnosis.
- Collates data required by the Director of Student Support Services to comply with State mandated reports.
- Develops, implements, monitors and evaluates individualized health care plans and emergency healthcare plans for students with acute and chronic health conditions.
- Demonstrates positive and effective communication skills with students, families, colleagues and community members.
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Current RN licensure in the State of Florida.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required, Bachelors preferred.
- Has at least 1 year recent RN experience required, pediatric/ER strongly preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification required from American Heart Association.
- Must be able to obtain clearance on Level II Background Check conducted from Collier County Public School as referenced in CCPS Administrative Procedure 4121.01.