Provides clinical nursing in the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC).
Provides for the efficient functioning of the ASC and for personal and staff development. Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC. * Oversees the clinical practice of nursing in the ASC including assessing patient care needs and planning the delivery of care utilizing the nursing process in a variety of settings..
- Directs other caregivers in providing patient care. * Assumes charge responsibilities and resolves problems. * Reports variances from standard practice to the Nurse Manager.
- Develops educational material and provides health education to patients and families. * Processes patients through the ASC.
- Assesses the level of personnel skills and the availability of resources to meet established patient outcomes.
- Actively participates in attaining ASC goals and mission
. * Monitors and evaluates cost effective practices within the ASC.
- Participates in the development and utilization of quality monitoring programs within the ASC.
- Responsible for personal and staff development by maintaining nursing competencies.
- Completes all mandatory nursing competencies and educational requirements within a defined time frame.
- Participates in the preparation of staff development programs. Identifies self-learning needs, establishes personal and professional goals to meet those needs and evaluates attainment of set goals.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the workplace.
- Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the workplace.
- Interacts with patients, visitors and staff in a courteous, helpful manner.
- Demonstrates respect for the cultural and social differences that exist among people.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patient, families and staff members.
- Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Certifications:
- Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) complete ACLS training successfully within 6 months of hire.
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. * Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with patients and other users of the ASC. Work Experience:
- FIVE year of clinical experience as a RN in a perioperative or critical care setting.
- Three years Surgical Technician experience may substitute for the one year clinical RN experience. Physical Requirements:
- Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Job Type: Part-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Relocation Assistance Provided: