Aon is looking for a Catastrophe Modeler
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an entry level Catastrophe Modeler in our New York City office. This position will support the Commercial Risk Solutions group.
- Use catastrophe models to estimate the loss potential to client’s portfolio
- Develop customized exposure and loss reports for brokers and clients
- Establish working partnership with brokers and clients to effectively convey modeling results
- Develop a clear understanding of the model methodology and underlying assumptions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or similar field
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.