Operates Rounding Machine to bend metal parts to specified dimensions by performing duties.
- Pulls rings from UT staging to cutting area. Cuts tabs from the ring using oxygen/acetylene torch. Removes any slag from the tab area and inside of ring. Moves ring to rounding area
- Using overhead crane attaches plant clamp to ring. Lowers ring to lay flat on the floor and attaches second plate clamp, lifting ring to ensure it is square in the clamps.
- Moves ring to the table, removes plate clamps, measures ring. If out of tolerance uses porta-power to push ring. If not within tolerance moves ring using plate clamps to the hydraulic press.
- Places ring in the press. Using templates, checks ring by pressing the template against the outside of the ring. If needed, places appropriate dies in the press, shapes and forms ring until round.
- Moves ring back to measuring table. Using tape rule, measures ring and marks numbers in appropriate location inside ring if it is within tolerance.
- Performs first-piece and in-process inspection by checking dimensions of part per blueprint using calipers, micrometers, indicators, and tape measure. Inspects parts according to C=O chart. Completes inspection form.
- Applies lifting clamps to move the ring back to the floor, then lifts to stand up and move the VTL staging area or stacks on the appropriate rack.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.