A well-established industry-leading modular builder of both permanent foundation and relocatable structures in the commercial, industrial, apartment, hospitality, cultivation, residential and government industries is looking for a CAD Designer / Drafter experienced using REVIT and/or AutoCAD at our Henderson, NV facility.
The Designer will be responsible for the production of CAD project drawings and shop drawings for the manufacture of modular cubes for various project types. Modular construction knowledge/experience is a plus. Must have AutoCAD and/or REVIT experience.
Interested candidates can apply at https://apply.workable.com/vx-group-inc/j/DBDFAE3C2C/
(Copy link to your web browser)
- Generate, evaluate, analyze and execute designs to satisfy project goals/requirements.
- Generation of drawings, Bills of Materials, Change requests and approvals.
- Design execution of assigned direction regarding product changes, enhancements, and/or development.
- Establishment and maintenance thereof of engineering documents including BOMs, drawings and change control.
- Day to day involvement with other departments including third party consultants and engineers as needed to accomplish tasks.
- Undertake new tasks or projects as determined by current business need/requirement.
- Duties include drafting plans, elevations, sections, and details of custom systems per project requirements.
Knowledge, skills & attributes preferred:
- Exhibit self-motivation, integrity, resilience, and flexibility to current and new situations, but always a team player with subordinates, peers, and management.
- Results-driven with the ability to encourage and to speak up to people and teams to perform as needed.
- Ability to construct component and sub-assembly/assembly drawings and specification documentation to meet goals/requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with the immediate team, all participating inside and outside departments and consultants, supplier and customer base, as well as upper management.
- Able to manage multiple projects in varying stages of process execution with knowledge, expertise, and motivation to succeed.
- Ability to follow sketches and marked up drawings is a must.
- Ability to create and edit 3D models is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years required of the following.
- Construction AutoCAD and/or REVIT in both 2D & 3D.
- Construction Design & Drafting.
- Experience with AutoCAD in both 2D and 3D environments.
- Experience with design and construction of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural construction drawings.
- Demonstrated understanding of design and engineering documentation.
- Familiarity with construction methods and materials.
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Supplemental Insurance Options available
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job
Job Type: Full-time
- Designing in the Building /Construction Industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- working with various construction methods and materials: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD and / or REVIT: 3 years (Preferred)
- Henderson, NV (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused