Join the bank that really believes in its employees.
At Gorham Savings Bank, we aspire to be a Force for Good in the lives of everyone we touch, and we believe in giving our employees the opportunity to shine. In their day-to-day work, in the community and in their interactions with our customers, we empower them to make a difference and we recognize and reward them for their efforts.
We are currently looking for a Retail Loan Processing and Underwriting Manager to lead both our retail processing and underwriting functions. As a leader of these areas, you will be responsible for managing the workflow for maximum efficiency and customer service. You will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of the Bank’s loan portfolio by evaluating and underwriting mortgage and consumer loan requests for the Bank’s portfolio and for sale on the secondary market. In this position you will assist in the development of policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with Federal and State banking regulations. The ideal applicant will have a strong management background, technical skills, and a comprehensive understanding of the complete retail lending process. If you want to make a difference with a bank that believes in you, we’re ready to help further your career. At Gorham Savings Bank, a community bank of nearly 200 employees, there’s plenty of room for professional growth – we believe in you!
A successful applicant will meet the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and a minimum of 5 years of experience in underwriting mortgage/consumer loan requests; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstration of GSB core leadership competencies: Builds Effective Teams, Communicates Effectively, Develops Talent, Drives Engagement, Ensures Accountability, Instills Trust, Manages Ambiguity and Strategic Mindset.
- Ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple tasks and timelines.
- Thorough understanding of credit; able to review complex financial documents and assess an individual’s creditworthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, math and problem-solving skills; sound credit judgment and attention to detail.
- Experience with windows-based software and ability to adapt to different software programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fair Housing Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Underwriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place