To coordinate the activities of the restaurant, room service, and lounge including greeting and escorting guests to tables, supervising all staff, and maintaining a courteous and efficient operation to deliver quality product and service to restaurant customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Assist in interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling and disciplining restaurant staff for the efficient operation of the outlet.
- Maintain outlet scheduling and payroll.
- Organizing and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count, daily specials, promotions, and menu changes.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, escort them to their table, and present menus.
- Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations.
- Maintain communication with all departments and attend relevant meetings. Participate in marketing efforts of restaurants, assist in creating menus, survey competition and report food trends.
- Monitor product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant. Ensure that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications. Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall hotel operations. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves. Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Support the entire restaurant operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
- Minimum of 5-8 year food & beverage leadership experience
- Experience in luxury hotel is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Food outlet operations including foods, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Knowledge of all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Hold a current Food Handler Card
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
EOE M/F/D/V – Battery Wharf Hotel conducts post-offer Background Check
Job Type: Temporary
- Restaurant Management: 3 years (Required)
- Union environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)