Becket Family of Services
Full time: starting at $16.00 to $21.00 per hour depending on experience and certifications with opportunities for over time. All full time positions include an outstanding benefits package, including paid vacation and sick time.
Summary: We are seeking a shift supervisor for our residential treatment program in Auburn. The program is an twelve-bed treatment facility for teenage girls with mental health challenges. We are looking for an energetic candidate with strong leadership skills and an interest in working with children.
Why Join Becket:
- We develop our own people and provide some of the best skills and career development training opportunities in New England.
- We promote from within; many of our Managers and Directors have performed in Residential Counselor and Team Leader positions.
- Our benefits and time off (up to 4+ weeks in one's first year) are among the best in our field.
This is a full time position, providing supervision and support to direct support staff and adolescent girls in a residential treatment setting. Our program has a very high staff to resident ratio, which provides a stable therapeutic environment for both our youth and our employees. Your primary role is assisting direct support staff as they help children with mental health and emotional challenges in a residential setting. The program is a 24/7 facility and candidates must have the ability to work days, nights and weekends.
This position offers a very competitive hourly wage with additional consideration given to those with experience, certifications, and or a degree. The position includes a generous benefits package including health insurance, dental, paid sick time, retirement (403B), and paid time-off. Paid training is also included, which covers TCI (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention), First Aid, CPR, and CRMA training (Certified Residential Medication Aide). Becket Family of Services has a variety of advancement opportunities for those interested in a career in the Mental Health/Education field.
- At least two years in the mental health field is required
- Candidate must have the ability to work days, nights and weekends
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred
- Candidate must have a strong desire to work with children and families
- Must have clean and valid Maine Driver’s License
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must pass a criminal investigation and child protective background check
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or GED. Preference will be given to those with college experience
- Preference given to those with certification such as TCI, CRMA, First Aid, and CPR
- Able to relate to children and families within a professional environment
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with other professionals within a structured environment
- Must be able to provide at least three professional references
- Up to 4+ weeks (168hrs) of paid time off in the first year.
- On the job professional Human Services training, skills development and career leadership opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b Retirement, Health Flexible Spending Account, Legal, Short & Long-Term Disability, Basic Life & Supplemental Life, AD&D and Employee Assistance Programs.
Relevant Search Words: experience experienced residential counselor entry level graduate part time full time per diem first second third weekend weekday shift shifts direct support professional care personal care client social work volunteer intern internship criminal justice psych psychology adult construction carpentry labor laborer veteran officer military outdoors games professional career oriented cna certified nursing assistant 1:1 caretaker corrections officer, human services behavior behavioral voc vocational rehab rehabilitation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible