Pelham Academy is 36-bed residential treatment program servicing a traumatized and/or disenfranchised population of adolescent girls. Pelham Academy specializes in trauma treatment and uses the ARC Model in all interventions. Pelham Academy utilizes a range of expressive and body-oriented modalities to provide exceptional, individualized care to our students.
We are looking for Residential Counselors who can embody and uphold our values on a daily basis. This person must love working with adolescents, be energetic, positive, disciplined, have excellent boundaries and will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The type of Residential Counselor we are seeking will take pride in working with a team who strives to make everyday a little bit better for our group of adolescents.
Various schedules being offered are:
Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday with a mixture of 1st (7:30am-3:30pm) and 2nd shifts (3pm-11pm) and include one double shift 7:30am-11pm.
The Residential Counselor will be responsible for the following:
- Support all efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of students by providing verbal and physical interventions to provide a safe living environment.
- Be a positive role model by building rapports with our students.
- Follow all regulations and policies and be able to work with a team.
- Bilingual a plus!! ($1000 bonus for eligible candidates)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; High School Diploma required
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred; experience working with specialized populations of adolescents preferred.
- Meet programs background and driving record check requirements
- Maintains valid driver’s license as transporting students is required.
- Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as required.
- Able to work alone in an unsupervised environment
- Must be 21 years of age
$500 bonus at 6 months and $1000 after 1 year of employment pending on good standing and review.
Bilingual bonus – Bilingual with the ability to read, write and speak in a language other than English proficiently. $500 after 3 months of successful employment, $500 after 6 months of successful employment.
Offer includes: Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K matched up to $800 a year, tuition reimbursement up to $4000 per year, pension after 5 years of employment, generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in your first year and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Residential/Mental Health Facility: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place