Mainstay Supportive Housing & Home Care, Inc. is currently seeking a committed RESIDENT SPECIALIST to provide support to individuals with psychiatric and intellectual developmental disabilities in NORWOOD, MA. The Resident Specialist is responsible for assisting clients with independent living skills, goal planning and tracking, and accessing care as needed in both apartments and group living settings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review logs and shift notes from previous shifts at the beginning of every shift and document shift reports and daily logs at the end of every shift.
- Maintain regular contact with clients and ensure staff: client ratios match the residence safety plans. This may include remaining on duty until another staff member arrives per program policy.
- Follow all JF&CS guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Participate in staff meetings and supervisions with residence manager.
- Exchange information with outgoing staff, including medication counts and other checks
- Act as a role model to individuals by displaying proper dress, language, and character skills
- Communicate effectively with entire staff team, supervisor, and families around client issues and concerns in a timely manner, in a collaborative team effort.
- Act as a liaison for family members, DDS, and other collateral contacts.
- Drive clients in company vehicles (up to 15 passenger vans)
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Physical demands may include assisting in transferring clients in and out of wheelchairs, bathtub, beds, and vehicles.
Qualification: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Relevant Work Experience: At least one (1) year experience working with people with disabilities.
Certifications/Licenses: CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to pass within the first 30 days of employment).
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Be enthusiastic about everything you do
- Be open to ideas, new experiences and new ways of doing things
- Be respectful and supportive at all times
- Keep appropriate matters confidential (need two t’s in matters)
- Be a team player
- Share your ideas, opinions and thoughts when appropriate
- Use good judgement for all your decisions
- Understand that you and other will make mistakes. Learn from them (add an r in learn)
Please submit resume and cover letter to https://www.mainstayliving.org/careers/ or [email protected]
Mainstay Supportive Housing & Home Care, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. EOE/Veterans/Disabled and values a diverse workforce