Residence Counselor Johnston Circle
Thursday, January 14, 2021
To provide assistance to individuals receiving services throughout all aspects of their lives across educational and residential environments. Promote choice and independence while providing protective oversite. Demonstrate compliance with all Springbrook policies and State regulations to ensure safe and smooth operation of the program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate good role model behavior while working with individuals in behavioral, medical, educational, and social situations.
- Implement all service plans and collect required data.
- Support individuals with challenging behavior including performing physical interventions as trained.
- Provide medical advocacy and support as evidenced by obtaining/maintaining medical certifications and trainings, administering medications, attending appointments, and fulfilling other applicable duties as defined by plans of care.
- Implement a person centered planning approach to ensure independence, growth and development throughout the day across environments. Develop learning materials/goals as indicated by needs and interests.
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living including personal care activities.
- Utilize community resources to assist people in achieving personal goals and desires, while fostering meaningful relationships. May include participation in spiritual activities, various recreational activities (such as swimming), and family functions for the individuals served.
- Ensure safe and clean environments, including grounds and vehicles.
- Obtain and maintain all applicable trainings and certifications relevant to the program.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mandatory overtime as necessary. Will be reassigned to other locations based on business needs.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and assist in lifting weights exceeding 50 lbs.
- Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
- Be able to perform all physical interventions.
Springbrook is a leading provider of at-home care, residential, and educational services, day services, and clinical, therapeutic, and behavioral supports to over 850 people with developmental disabilities from across New York State. The organization is Otsego County’s third largest employer with nearly 1,200 highly trained, compassionate employees.