Under general supervision provide support for department research through projects, maintenance and communication of data, and execution of laboratory experiments.
- Carry out experimental designs for sponsored research projects, and perform routine experiments.
- Record and compile accurate records and communicate summaries of experimental results.
- Assist with the evaluation, interpretation and assessment of experimental data and quality control of assays.
- Participate in meetings with principal investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data as needed.
- Carry out assigned duties for ordering and maintaining supply of inventories.
- Operate, calibrate and perform routine maintenance on specialized equipment used in research.
- Prepare media and maintain cells by various culturing in techniques.
- Oversee daily lab operation in the absence of the supervisor or Principle Investigator.
Department: Radiation Oncology
Division: Radiation Biology
Reports to (Title): Program Manager II
Direct Reports (Titles): NA
Collaborates with (Titles): RT I and RTIII
M-F 8:30 – 5:00
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of biology, chemistry, mathematics, documentation, and records management.
Data utilization, complex problem solving, critical thinking, resource management, and writing skills.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Required Experience: No experience required
Preferred Experience: Animal handling experience required.