Michaels Energy is a veteran-owned energy efficiency firm with a team of professionals who are hard-wired to make systems work right and waste less. Energy efficiency, resource preservation, and long-term cost effectiveness are an integral part of everything we do. By owning what we deliver, our passion is developing long-term client relationships with energy users, utilities, consultants, and partners.
A successful candidate will exemplify Michaels Energy’s core values: proactive and responsive support, analytical excellence, and a collaborative relationship of trust and respect with our clients.
Michaels Energy is seeking a seasoned energy efficiency professional with experience in utility program evaluation. The Research & Evaluation Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Michaels Energy Research & Evaluation product. This includes project management, client satisfaction, work flow forecasting, internal collaboration, QA/QC and project profit/loss. The Research & Evaluating Manager will also serve as the technical lead for department engineering projects.
- Ensures projects deliverables, timelines, and budgets are met
- Delegates assignments and communicates with staff assigned to the project
- Conducts QA/QC on project deliverables before delivery to clients
- Acts as main point of contact for clients
- Communicates with clients, partners and internally to gather information required for project completion
- Communicates openly and honestly with client about issues that arise throughout the project and proactively works to find solutions
- Develops reasonable and actionable program improvement recommendations to utilities or program administrators
- Visits clients, participates in project meetings and conference calls, and attends conferences to interface with clients
- Performs short term and long term workload forecasting
- Supervises small group of project managers
- Works within a matrix organizational structure
- Consistently applies all company policies
- Establish performance goals and metrics
- Perform monthly one on one meetings with direct reports
- Mentor and support staff to help them achieve career development goals
- Ensures staff has resources needed to be successful
Engineering and Data Analysis
- Performs energy engineering calculations
- Analyzes information and data and develops appropriate engineering models/simulations to accurately portray the equipment or system
- Clearly and completely documents calculation methods, assumptions, and sources of information
- Reviews all engineering, arithmetic, cell referencing and more to ensure results are reasonable
- Writes technical reports that can be understood by a technical and non-technical audience
- Contributes content for proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineer
- Ten years of Evaluation experience
- Three years of staff management experience preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to work under a deadline
- Must be able to effectively communicate throughout the organization
- La Crosse, WI is preferred. Open to considering: Madison, Minneapolis, Denver.