We’ve made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed – our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job is responsible for supporting the Research Mentor’s (physician or scientist) efforts to conduct clinical research activity and/or laboratory based scientific investigation in accordance with applicable guidelines. Assumes responsibility for collecting, recording and evaluating research data to ensure research projects and initiatives are properly executed. Organizes and publishes research data in the form of abstracts, presentations and journal or book articles, and presents projects and plans to other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Required – Doctoral Degree (MD or PhD)
Preferred – Medical Degree from the University of Queensland – Clinical School
Preferred – 1 year of experience in biomedical research
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to work independently, think analytically, troubleshoot technical problems.
- Computer skills (Windows-style applications, various softwares related to role) and dexterity needed for data entry and retrieval of required job information related to research projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals.
- Basic knowledge of biomedical research processes.
- Ability to define project objectives, identify stakeholders, plan steps, and allocate resources to achieve objectives in a resourceful manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others and display leadership traits.
- Demonstrates an intellectual interest in the biomedical research.
- Collects and organizes data, prepares abstracts, presentations & manuscripts, and disseminates and publishes research results.
- Assumes responsibility for reading scientific literature and independently interpreting and synthesizing published results into logical conclusions that guide the next steps for a research project.
- Collaborates with and train other team members as necessary.
- Coordinates patient (study participant) activity as it relates to the conduct of clinical trials and other research.
- Engages in clinical and/or laboratory research, maintaining study records and providing copies to the Research Mentor as necessary.
- Participates in all aspects of the research process, including regulatory, patient recruitment, specimen collection, and data collection/tracking.
- Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
- Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
The incumbent has no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply Today!
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at 504-842-4748 (select option 1) or [email protected] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish .
Affirmative Action Policy Statement