Obsidian Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing next-generation cell and gene therapies with pharmacologic operating systems. Based upon founding work on destabilizing domains by Professor Thomas Wandless, a leading researcher in chemical and systems biology, Obsidian’s lead programs are CAR-T products that incorporate controllable functions for enhanced safety and efficacy.
We are looking for a talented, diligent, curious and collaborative Research Associate to leverage a breadth of molecular biology techniques to help us enable innovative cell and gene therapies in oncology and other diseases. This role is a unique opportunity to be a partner and scientific contributor in a well-funded startup with blue chip investors, field-leading founders and advisors, and a highly experienced startup team. You will help us build a dynamic, passionate, collaborative, transparent and successful organization focused on delivering transformative therapies in oncology and other areas of greatest clinical need. Located in an energetic environment in the heart of Cambridge, Obsidian is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes can be sent to [email protected]
- Contribute to all aspects of molecular biology including construct design, DNA manipulation, gene cloning and vector manipulation
- Perform DNA isolation and purification at mini to mega scales.
- Test constructs in cell lines using transfection or infection and perform western blots, ELISAs and other biochemical techniques to analyze protein expression
- Independently run experiments, meticulously execute on bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot and communicate findings.
- Enthusiastic team worker with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to work collaboratively in fast paced environment
Required Qualifications and skills:
- BS/MS with 2+ yrs experience in molecular and cellular biology in biotech/pharma setting
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular and cellular biology techniques including DNA manipulation, Gibson assembly, quantitative PCR, western blotting, ELISA and FACS
- Experience with molecular biology software tools
- Experience in immunology / immuno-oncology strong plus
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and excellent communication skills, highly organized with flawless record keeping and multi-tasking abilities
- Highly collaborative working style and ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly developing environment
No Employment Agencies please, the Company is not responsible for any fees related to candidates that are unsolicited