This position conducts research by preparing literature reviews and assisting with the collection, entering, coding and cleaning of data and descriptive results.
- Perform surveys, interviews, observations or uses other methods according to established research protocols.
- Prepare data for analysis and execute details of studies. Perform analysis and document results.
- May conduct literature searches.
- Order study supplies and maintain inventories.
- Maintain detailed records of results and prepare written reports.
- Maintain and process required paperwork.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required.
Knowledge of fundamental research concepts, practices and procedures.
Entry level knowledge of research methods.
- Recruit, phone screen, and schedule research participants
- Perform diagnostic interviews and intelligence testing
- Perform laboratory assessments including behavioral and psychophysiological tasks
- May conduct literature searches and help with manuscript preparation
- Manage undergraduate volunteers
- Order supplies and maintain lab inventories
- Maintain detailed records of study protocols and results
- Maintain and process required lab and study paperwork
- Maintain communication between research participants enrolled in the study
All applications must be submitted online through the following UIC Job Board link (reference job id #140124)
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.