As a Sr. Reporting Analyst your primary responsibilities will be report development , handling and routing new report requests and working with different teams. You will coordinate the report administration w/in Salesforce and coordinate the off-tool reporting.This role will provide reporting support for 19 different lines of business (LOB) and work with the Analytics team.
Organize, administer and coordinate reporting on the Salesforce platform (PNC EDGE)
Review existing reports and recreate in Salesforce platform via intake report requests
Establish high level reporting requirements per request (Adhoc reporting)
Determine report development ownership: LOB vs. CDA vs. EDGE
Develop and manage more complicated LOB reports
Transition report to LOB ownership
Conduct monthly end-user report training
Respond to Report Chatter Group
Asses new EDGE objects for reporting purposes
Create & maintain custom report types in the back end
Clean up of report types
Manage public reports
Review and prioritize incoming report requests
Point of escalation
Build and maintain custom report types (adhoc reporting)
- Degree within a related area and one year of related reporting experience or 3 years of equivalent reporting experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Excel, Tableau, Access or other reporting tools is a plus.
- Desire to learn and utilize new reporting tools such as Salesforce and Edge.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish rapport and work well within a collaborative team environment.
- Works closely with management to provide reporting and data analyses to ensure effective implementation of the organization’s strategies.
- Effectively partners with management in the development and creation of reporting and data analyses tools.
- Implements tools and processes that provide management with timely access to relevant information.
- Identifies relationships among the most complex disparate pieces of information and developing meaningful analytical conclusions.
- Provides more complex metrics and analytics as required by leadership.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Audit And Compliance Function – Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
Data Gathering and Analysis – Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to use these to gather and analyze data on the learning needs of a target population.
Data Gathering and Reporting – Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with Bachelors
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at [email protected]
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.