Be a difference maker, with Learning Care Group. We are a community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is the many children we guide, teach, and protect every day. As early education leaders, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on children. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open, friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an inspiring, innovative force that prepares children for elementary school—and beyond? Their future begins now. And so does yours.
The Reportable Issues Specialist proactively problem solves, resolve, record and analyze issues in an effort to improve the safety, security and field support throughout our organization. Advise and inform Field and Support Central personnel on Reportable Issues/Significant Events as well as using independent judgment and critical decision making to ensure company goals are met for both internal and external customers and in line with company objectives.
- Provide support and guidance to School Directors, District Managers, Division Vice Presidents and Support Central personnel regarding Reportable Issues and Significant Events and works to improve customer service to our families or to address patterns of Reportable Issues in the field.
- Independently analyze, prioritize and assist schools based on information, calls and reports of reportable issues/significant events from field. Report high level/serious concerns immediately to the leadership team and involve appropriate departments as needed.
- Research, direct and advise multi-function teams regarding Reportable Issues and make recommendations based on identifying compliance distressed schools/districts/states, top Reportable Issues and other trends with efforts directed on reducing non-compliances and proactively addressing company compliance. Maintain awareness of licensing and other regulatory agency requirements and changes in city, county, state and other municipality requirements.
- Analyze data from the Reportable Issues database, create reports to proactively predict Reportable Issue trends, increase higher quality customer service and make recommendations to cross functional teams such as Customer Service, Human Resources, Risk, Legal, Compliance, etc.
- Subject matter expert in multi-functional team on operational projects aimed at improving the overall customer experience, reducing safety concerns and driving incremental profitability.
- Independently identify and implement changes as needed to ensure company directives are met while partnering with various Support Central Departments, including but not limited to; Legal, Human Resources, Marketing, Facilities, Risk Management, etc. to ensure all aspects of Reportable Issues are addressed, especially escalated issues.
- Provide talking points to the field for reporting issues or incidents to appropriate agencies when required.
- Prepare reports on Reportable Issues/Significant Events on a regular basis for review by the Divisional Vice Presidents and Chief Operations Officer.
- Assists with other duties as directed by supervisor.
High School Diploma Required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years of experience in multi-unit service or related field.
Strong background knowledge of state licensing rules and regulations.
Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point
We at Learning Care Group know our best asset is our people! So we’ve made a commitment to ensure all employees feel valued, with a robust, comprehensive offering that is competitive and exceeds your expectations. That means market-relevant compensation, a targeted range of health and wellness benefits (including life insurance, dental, vision, as well as medical available for full-time positions), and retirement planning, with our new 401k match. For us, it’s simple: Provide great rewards, keep employees engaged, and create difference makers. We encourage your talent, recognize your potential, and support your growth through ongoing training and development so you can give children a great start. We also offer tuition reimbursement, assistance with gaining a CDA (worth college credit toward an Early Childhood degree), and our exclusive Master Teacher program to enhance your skills—and increase your pay. Don’t wait. Start strong today.