Sr. Database Developer – IV
100% Remote role
2+ year contract
The DBA 4 position is a key technologist with significant technical expertise in the design, implementation, tuning and troubleshooting database and related technologies. Key responsibilities include ensuring high availability of environments, quickly responding to and resolving outages, supporting architecture planning and collaboration with the development and systems teams for adherence to best practices and process standardization. This position may help craft best practices where none exist. May provide some project management as needed. Provides leadership to the database administration team and to the rest of the organization. Act as escalation contact for database admin 1, 2 and 3. Will also be responsible for providing training to the team as needed for core skills and new technology.
Additionally, the DBA 4 may implement and manage vendor or open source database software. Design, monitor, evaluate integrity and placement of data and data files for the coordination of Boeing data requirements. Write Code, monitor and tune database objects for optimal performance. Perform capacity planning, usage forecasting and in-depth technical review. Provide support for the design, development, and implementation of application development projects. Provide future-looking and day-to-day database administration support as needed. Make recommendations on technical direction. Apply updates and fixes to various database services which may include, but are not limited to Oracle, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL and MySQL. Migrate data and code from one environment to another. Manage database level user and group security settings and ensure secure operations of database servers. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the database at the server level. File and escalate trouble tickets with various support organizations for a database.
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the campus; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science plus 14 years of relevant professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of the following software, languages and tools:
- PL/SQL, T-SQL and/or ANSI SQL.
- SQL Management Studio, OEM Grid.
- Visual Studio/BI Development studio.
- MS Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services.
- SQL Developer or similar.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix and/or windows server administration.
- Strong working knowledge of database clustering and HA implementation and configuration.
- Database Schema architecture.
- Expert experience administering multiple relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Strong scripting skills (PowerShell, php, python, ruby, Perl, etc.).
- Knowledge of database connectivity issues.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to set priorities and follow project schedules.
- Strong organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to work with and communicate with people of various knowledge levels from the very technical to the casual user. Strong customer service skills.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is preferred:
- Experience with cluster-only databases such as Cassandra or HBase.
- Experience with a wide variety of data storage technologies such as mongo dB, riak, Redis, CouchDB, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for various database vendors whose applications Boeing has licensed. Install database software on servers as needed.
- Monitor databases for performance and issues using monitoring tools. Configure backup processes. Restore data when needed.
- Provide before, after hours and weekend support for migrations, updates, fixes and issues as needed. Provide technical assistance and consulting to functional areas and other teams around Boeing on problems that may be database related.
- Design, implement and integrate database and database systems as needed. Optimize and secure data related services that are integrated with the database systems managed.
- Design, develop and maintain database solutions for new projects and product upgrades. Provide technical advice on database and application software interface issues.
- Design, develop and maintain ETL solutions for data interfaces.
- Constructs and recommends best practices for applying hints ordered searches, indexes, etc.
- Writes appropriate SQL scripts to extract data efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Create and modify entity relationship diagrams. Create documentation and checklists for internal processes.
- Maintain documentation on any modifications to default installation of various databases.
- Adhere to published standards and procedures, such as naming conventions, security, programming conventions, code walkthroughs, testing conventions and migration processes.
- Propose and/or establish new procedures and policies as needed.
- Work with system engineers to insure 24×7 production architecture availability and recoverability. Participate in 24×7 on-call support rotation with an expectation to work during mission critical events.
- Generate/validate system performance statistics for reporting to management. Prepare regular status reports for manager.
- Script or create simple programs to automate daily operational tasks.
- Create and present technical sessions to the team.
- Modernize non-standard processes and implementations.
- Improve database processes to promote increased performance, efficiency and customer self-sufficiency.
- Create, review and adjust standards and procedures.
- Create and maintain operations and user documentation as needed.
- Support other team members. Display flexibility and openness to new ideas.
- Provide data model and database code reviews, providing constructive feedback and follow-up actions.
May be required to travel with overnight stays
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
Please call us @ +1-951-381-6579 for more details.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $95,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft SQL Server: 3 years (Required)
- Database Administration: 1 year (Required)
- o PL/SQL, T-SQL and/or ANSI SQL: 3 years (Required)
- o SQL Management Studio, OEM Grid: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process