Be the one who lives and works where others vacation! Colorado Springs is home to Powers Pet Emergency & Specialty, a well-established and respected emergency and specialty hospital that also offers referral services in surgery, rehabilitation, internal medicine, cardiology and radiology (CT/MRI). Colorado Springs is home to Pikes Peak at 14,297 feet in elevation, Garden of the Gods, US Olympic Training Center, Space Foundation Headquarters and Discovery Center, US Air Force Academy, and so many more special places making it a spectacular place to call home – not just vacation. US News has recently ranked Colorado Springs as the #1 “Most Desired Places To Live.”
Powers Pet Emergency & Specialty is seeking a DVM with Rehabilitation Certification. Responsibilities would include performing skilled orthopedic, neurologic and myofascial examinations as well as provide accurate quantitative measurements to determine patient’s baseline and to monitor progress. The ideal candidate will also need to successfully determine necessity for additional imaging and diagnostics and prescribe appropriate medications for pain management. This position could be full or part-time.
ONE POWERS ONE TEAM! It is our mission to be the premier employer of choice in the Colorado Springs emergency veterinary community. We ask for your input and listen to your suggestions. We strive to work as one entity for both clients and patients.
WE ARE FAMILY FOCUSED! We’re an emergency and specialty veterinary hospital that strives to ensure our clients are our family. While we are always friendly with everyone, we strive to leave our clients feeling like family and to always treat our patients as though they were our own pets. That makes for a much more enjoyable, rewarding, and purposeful experience for all of us!
- The ideal candidate will have experience within a 24 hour hospital/ER and Specialty and should have more than 3 years of Practice or Hospital Management experience.
- 3 to 5 years of customer service in the veterinary field as well as staff development, employee relations and financial budget management.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to make decisions, delegate responsibility and achieve results with the team.
- Professional in appearance with excellent interpersonal skills and a friendly, positive attitude.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Direct and develop the technical and administrative staff to deliver consistent quality patient care and excellent client service
- Review the P&L monthly and take appropriate corrective actions around staffing, inventory, and customer engagement.
Starting pay is competitive and based on relevant experience
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Discounted services & products for family pets
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time