Marathon Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine is a privately owned, multi-location practice with a staff of physical therapists, massage therapists, athletic trainers, exercise physiologists, pilates & yoga instructors, CSCS, and personal trainers with a mission to provide high quality physical therapy along with complimentary Health & Wellness programs.
We have an immediate part-time opening in our Dedham location for an enthusiastic, experienced Rehab Aide who has a passion for providing excellent patient and client care for our physical therapy and health & wellness services. Ideal person will be a self-motivated, self-directed individual who will model and promote Marathon’s mission of “Keeping You Well Throughout The Race Of Life”.
Salary Grade: Hourly
Schedule: Part time Day and evening hours
This position is responsible for supporting physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, preparing equipment and materials, and performing procedures, and aiding in the transport of immobile patients, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
2. Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or equipment.
3. Cleans and delivers equipment to patient; positions equipment for therapist and/or patient access; positions and assists patient on/off equipment.
4. Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests.
5. Anticipate therapist/patient needs.
6. Communicates between patients and clinicians on needs & progress.
7. Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
8. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
9. Assist front desk with phones, scheduling, billing, and filing.
10. Keeps all areas in-order during clinic hours, cleaning equipment, restocking supplies and laundry.
11. Attends Monthly Staff Meetings to understand, communicate and promote all Marathon Services.
12. Assist at Marathon Community Outreach programs, races & events to promote all Marathon Services.
13. Serves and protects Marathon by adhering to professional standards, company policies and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local requirements.
14. Acquires sufficient knowledge of HIPAA regulations relative to the protection of private health information and implements policies to meet regulatory compliance.
Education: High School Diploma
Preferred Education: BS in Health, Exercise, Physiology, or Kinesiology
Preferred Certifications: CSCS or equivalent, FMS
1. Excellent organizational skills
2. Professional interpersonal skills
4. Strong Communication
5. A degree of physical strength is necessary, as the job requires the lifting and moving of immobile patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly to patients in person and over the
Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including visual examination of
patient and reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
Other: Requires frequent lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds unassisted,
including assisting patients when required. Adequate physical ability including sufficient
manual dexterity to perform the requisite health care service.
Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking,
squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly
throughout a regular work shift.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.