- To accurately register inpatient admissions, emergency department visits, private referred patients, upgrade accounts, obtain insurance cards, obtain identification cards, obtain signed consent forms, verify insurance benefits as well as all other aspects of the patient registration process.
- Responsible for the processing of paperwork such as upgrading charts, IM's and delivery of observation packets.
- Must request and collect co-payments/deductibles at the time of registration.
- Maintain and monitor bed board while working & communicating with nursing units.
- Maintain expiration log.
- All other tasks associated with the Patient Access Department as assigned by Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience required in a similar service oriented industry.
- 1-2 years related work experience: medical insurance coverage, medical terminology and basic computer skills.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish