Registered Nurse (Team Leader) – Operating Room – Robotics, GYN & Urology
Full-Time – Day Shift
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Team Leader for Robotics, GYN, and Urology Perioperative Nursing Team at the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC).
The Team Leader is responsible for the direct and indirect care of perioperative patients during the intraoperative phase of care. Plans organize and directs assigned operating room specialty team/s in order to coordinate care and maximize available personnel and resources. Team Leader communicates pertinent information to provide for optimum patient care within the operating room department. Assists the Director and Assistant Director of Surgical Services, and Surgical Coordinators in assuming responsibility for administrative management of the designated perioperative team/s. Develops and monitors quality improvement issues and assures staff team members are competent to provide care for patients. Understands utilizes, is able to interpret, and follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures. The Team Leader serves as a representative of the hospital and as a clinical role model in all interactions with patients, family visitors, physicians, and other staff members.
SJMC is a top surgical facility, where more than 18,000 inpatient and outpatient procedures are performed annually. The surgical staff is comprised of nearly 300 surgeons and 30 anesthesiologists. RNs, technicians, and administrative staff care for patient needs with competence, compassion, and respect.
Surgical Specialties: Cardiac; ENT; General, Gynecologic, Liver & Pancreas, Minimally Invasive; Neurosurgery; Orthopaedic, Plastic, Thoracic; Urologic; Vascular.
When you come to the University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a Registered Nurse at UM-St. Joseph, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
What You Need to Be Successful:
- State Registered Nurse License
- 2 year / Associate's Degree (Required) 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- BLS (Required) ACLS Certification (Preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of operating room experience in an acute care service. (Required)
- Certified as CNOR (Preferred)
- Professional preparation and delivery of educational presentations.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.