Perform holding, and/or PACU duties.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops a plan of care based on patient health care data, procedure to be performed, and expected patient outcomes.
- Assists the physician by preparing, monitoring, educating, or recovering the patient in OPS.
- Assists anesthesiologist to insure patient safety and quality of care.
- Maintains documentation of nursing process for the care of the operative patient.
- Evaluates changes in procedure and updates physician preference cards.
- Prepares, cleans, and sterilizes instruments for surgeries.
- Assists in counting sponges, sharps, and instruments.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Maintains aseptic technique in accordance with AORN/ASPAN standards.
- Adheres to Universal Precaution Standards and clinic Policies and Procedures.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Adheres to clinic’s policies and procedures.
- Associates degree, Bachelors degree, or diploma in Nursing and Current State licensure required.
- BLS and ACLS preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.