As an integral member of the radiology team, the Radiology Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting with minimally invasive techniques for the diagnosis of disease, and for providing safe, quality nursing care for a wide range of patients, including pediatric, adult, elderly, acutely ill and chronically ill patients. S/he assesses and monitors patients, maintains patient files, starts IVs, administers medication and interprets labs, EKGs and physician orders.
- Performs pre-procedure assessments of patients to provide for patient safety.
- Reviews cases and reports concerns to technologists and Radiologist. Determines required supplies, equipment and patient positioning to facilitate safe procedures.
- With the radiology team, ensures that required supplies and equipment are available to perform special procedures.
- With assistance from radiology team and schedulers, and in coordination with area clinics, facilitates scheduling of special procedures. Schedules all biopsies, and schedules MRI Sedation patients with Anesthesiologist.
- Ensures that sterile fields are set up using aseptic technique.
- Performs patient assessments of patients prior to procedure, including evaluation of lab values. Completes documentation and reports abnormal findings to Radiologist.
- Starts IVs and maintains infusions. Administers medications.
- Takes vital signs, and interprets labs, EKGs and physician orders.
- Monitors patients, and provides for patient safety and comfort through the procedure and recovery, including pain management. Provides adequate hand off report to relieving RN.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to Radiology Supervisor.
- Ensures that appropriate isolation protocols are being followed.
- Inspects contrast refrigerator, blanket warmer, crash cart and maintains logs.
- Provides teaching to patients, families and staff as needed. Orients new techs and clerks.
- Performs follow up telephone assessments of patients and refers them for more care if needed.
- Aids in follow up with radiologist dictation, or questions that arise from patients.
- Active NM or multi-state RN license
- BLS (AHA) certification
- ACLS certification
- PALS within 6 months of hire
- Moderate Sedation certification within 3 months of hire
- Prior Interventional Radiology experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year critical care experience in ED, PACU, or Intensive Care setting
NOTE: Job description available upon request.
**All required documents must be presented at time of hire.**
EXTERNAL APPLICANT: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
GRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer