Busy out patient surgery center is looking to hire long term dedicated Endoscopy nurse. No nights and NO weekends
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of each patient assigned.*
- Adheres to the Procedure Room, Pre-Op and Recovery standards of nursing care.
- Check all patient records for accuracy and completeness (i.e. facility consent, current H&P, etc.)
- Admits patient to Pre-Op, Procedure Room and Recovery areas. Identifies the patient by name.*
- Observes vital signs, IV site, pain assessment, and any special monitoring equipment required for the pre-op and recovery periods.*
- Allay fears and anxiety of patient, provides quiet environment, and respects the dignity and privacy of the patient.
- Follows HIPAA regulations with respect to protected health information.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Procedure Room, Pre-Op and Recovery with other team members.
- Provide nursing care for the Procedure Room, Pre-Op and immediate post-procedure period. Implement the plan of care during the Pre-Op/recovery periods.*
- Anticipate the physician’s needs during procedures and perform other procedure room tasks as necessary. Assist in placing and positioning the patient on and off the table
- Assume responsibility for specimens; identification and labeling
- Assess patients according to systematic approach.*
- Identify any patient with cardiac and/or respiratory arrest, initiate and maintain adequate CPR.*
- Evaluate the nursing assessment and appropriately communicate data to the anesthesiologist/CRNA and/or physician.*
- Assess and implement discharge from PACU.*
- Give comprehensive nursing care to meet the total needs of the patient.
- Accurately record nursing actions and physician’s directions on the pre-op and recovery record which reflect nursing care given.*
- Maintain a safe physical environment including equipment and necessary supplies.
- Actively participates in the ongoing Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement Program.*
- Promote good public relations with the patient’s family and visitors.
- Participation in Center “in-services” relative to position and to maintain professional competency.
- Adheres to Center’s policies.
- Attendance at 80% of Center’s meetings.
- Performs other work assigned by supervisor as required.
*The job functions that require the use of disclosure of protected health information. If non-routine protected health information becomes necessary the Privacy Officer will have to approve the access.
- All staff, including supervisors and managers, are responsible for:
- Protecting the center’s hardware, software, information, and data by complying with its security/privacy policies and procedures and correctly using security technologies.
- Attending required security/privacy training.
- Using computer terminals and workstations in a manner that protects the security of information they access.
- Reporting all security/privacy breaches to their supervisors, or to the Privacy Officer
- when their supervisors are unavailable.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of their password.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $67.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN License (Required)
- One location
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place