Animals in Motion, P.C. (AIM), located in Novato, California, is seeking a highly qualified, career-minded equine veterinary technician. We are a growing equine veterinary practice focusing on high quality preventative medicine and lameness in performance horses. We offer cutting edge diagnostics, therapies and surgical techniques to ensure that horses receive an accurate diagnosis and the best opportunity for full recovery.
Our wide range of services includes the latest in diagnostic techniques; digital imaging, including large plate radiography, high power ultrasound and gastroscopy; a full range of treatment techniques including regenerative medicine such as stem cell, PRP and IRAP; as well as chiropractic and acupuncture and veterinarian-supervised rehabilitative therapies.
Our technicians play in important role at our facility and are essential for exceptional patient care. Responsibilities include, , but are not limited to, taking radiographs, performing rehabilitation treatments on horses in the field, training new veterinary assistants, preparing vehicles and/or clinic with necessary equipment and supplies required for daily appointments, assisting veterinarians with lameness examinations, X-Ray’s, ultrasounds, injections, both in the hospital and on farm calls patient care, preparing and administering medications, performing basic lab tests, stocking supplies, and other essential duties.
RVT certification is preferred for this position. A minimum of two years of equine veterinary experience is required. The ideal candidate will:
· Have a great work-ethic, possess strong customer service skills, basic horsemanship skills, and be team focused.
· Be self-motivated and able to handle high stress situations and work long days with a great positive attitude!
· Possess high standards and the capacity to learn and grow quickly in a fast-paced ever-changing environment. Adaptability is essential.
· Have equine veterinary experience.
· Be able to understand verbal and written instructions.
· Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Be able to work independently.
· Be able to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time flex time position that includes a limited amount of after-hours or on-call work during weekends. Our veterinary staff attends numerous horse competitions, requiring approximately 15% travel time.
AIM offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees including health insurance, discount for personal horses, sick days, and paid vacation.
A background check is required. To find out more information about our practice, please visit our website at https://animalsinmotionvet.com/.
Job Type: Full-time
- Equine Veterinary: 2 years (Required)