What We Are About:
Do you believe that art and craft of sales can be practiced as professionally as medicine or law? At Illumio we believe that sales is a noble profession and have set ourselves to the task of becoming great at what we do because the stakes are high. Every day we interact with thought leaders from security, networking, and operations teams who want to learn how to segment their systems in a better way. For our prospects, their reputation in the marketplace, and in many cases, their stock price is tied to how well they maintain the trust of their customers. They work under constant vigilance from their auditors and regulators – careers and reputations are always at stake.
Against this backdrop, we are the conduit for Illumio’s substantial expertise and experience in delivering the largest and most successful micro-segmentation deployments in the world. Our prospects need your best communication, organizational, and inter-personal skills to connect them to the information, tools, and resources to assist them on their buyers journey. You will face larger and more established competitors every day. But if you like to win – to lead customers toward a bright future, and exceed their expectations, we will equip you with unique insights, tools, and systems that will help you reach new levels of professional accomplishment.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Bookings — Achieve our quarterly regional Net New Annual Contract Revenue (NNACV) sales goals
- Recruiting — Recruit and onboard the regional sales team
- Implement a regional business plan that identifies booking goals, pipeline goals, target accounts, territory assignments and activity metrics (prospecting, meetings, POCs) and measure progress monthly
- Work with marketing team to create a demand generation plan to support pipeline development. Determine and enhance positioning and messaging based on prospect and customer feedback
- Create a continuous learning environment for the team with regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) training events the results in a competent, professional field team capable of tailoring and delivering a compelling teaching conversation and who takes control of the sales cycle
- Coach and develop each field team member to a minimum level of capability within their first 30 days onboard — target the right people and accounts, deliver a compelling teaching pitch, qualify, recommend appropriate actions
- Accurately forecast the region’s business each week
- Help us refine the performance profile for each field position — RSD, SE, CSA — to fit our early market dynamic
- Build a pipeline of qualified candidates based on our profile and in conjunction with our recruiting team through regular sourcing and recruiting efforts.
- Establish themselves as a trusted resource with customers and prospects
- Assess the current team and offer a slate of recommended changes
- Silicon Valley Technology Relationship Base — leverage their relationship base in High-tech growth firms to gain access and for feedback.
- Be a competent sales practitioner themselves — be able to lead an executive sales call and deliver a compelling challenger pitch
- Develop an education oriented approach for continuous improvement in the field — Challenger Reps having a teaching conversation
- Works actively in the field with the team — coaching and supporting their team by making calls with them on prospects, customers and partners
- Focus on customer product acceptance (absorption) and work with field and support teams on customer success. Lead company through renewal process with customers at various stages of customer acceptance.
- Provide actionable market and customer feedback to the exec and product teams
- Collaborate with SVP of Global Field Ops in refining the go-to-market strategy and tactics.
- Spearhead and coordinate sales strategy and contract negotiation
What You Will Bring:
- First level sales leadership experience in enterprise security software and/or IT infrastructure
- 10+ years of field sales experience, or equivalent quota-crushing role, in the software/technology sector
- Experience managing and closing NEW business within the Fortune 1000
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10% of company) in past positions
- Ability to travel up to 25%+
Who We Are
Illumio enables organizations to realize a future without high-profile breaches by providing visibility, segmentation, and control of all network communications across any data center or cloud. Founded in 2013, the world’s largest enterprises, including Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite, trust Illumio to reduce cyber risk. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do ( https://www.illumio.com/what-we-do?hsLang=en ) and:
- Engage with us on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/illumio )
- Follow us on LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/illumio/ )
- Like us on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/illumio )
- Read our blog ( https://www.illumio.com/blog )
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcc37xm_Ezy5TprR-N4CCJA )