This position is responsible for sales of all Bel Brands USA branded products for Target and SuperValu and other customers located in the Central Region, based in Minneapolis, MN. In addition, this role is responsible for the leadership and accountability of the external Broker Partners responsible for these businesses. This position will function as the Company’s primary representative of these businesses, having a high degree of autonomy and accountability for sales, volume, trade spending, profit and broker management. Cross-functional collaboration with Sales Development, Category Leadership, Sales Finance, Retail Excellence, Marketing and Supply Chain is critical.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Must have a minimum of ten years’ successful food sales experience, preferably involving broker sales management and supervision
- Ideal candidate will have 5 years minimum of recent Target/Supervalu experience
- Proven ability to execute an effective marketing & sales strategy; can analyze the competitive landscape, define a course of action and meet the needs of brokers, distributors, and customers
- Ability to forecast and communicate weekly volume and spending information
- Intermediate computer skills; knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint required, along with the ability to understand/analyze syndicated data including experience using Nielsen database.
- Persuasive and influential sales communication skills; understands audience and adjusts communication to drive desired results
- Should be a highly motivated and organized self-starter who strives for excellence and thrives in an independent work environment; should also possess strong planning skills and be disciplined in time management
- Must be a solid strategic thinker who can decisively prioritize competing demands and assess multiple outcomes with limited information
- Must possess a presence that fosters positive interactions within all levels of the broker and trade management community
- Should have business maturity, impeccable personal integrity and be committed to ongoing individual professional development
- Must have excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Language skills: proficient in written and spoken English required
Performance Expectations: Confidentiality, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of management, coworkers; maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with other employees is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the Sales Department.
Working Conditions: Work is performed largely in a field environment. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to, special projects, deadlines and other concerns and the Regional Sales Manager must be willing to put in the extra time & efforts to manage expectations. Up to 35% business travel may be required, with a minimum of four (4) days per month working retail.
Bel Brands is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Bel Brands also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Bel Brand’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Bel Brands is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the website, please call 312-462-1500.
If you think that this job is for you, please click now on the button “Apply”.