The Regional Sales Director will lead the local sales offices within a region to maximize sales growth while effectively managing expense targets. This includes evaluating performance against quota and peer offices, leading good business management practices, gaining deep understanding of office operations to recommending improvements, coaching sales representatives, and escalating issues timely and effectively. The role is truly a ‘quarterback.’ The RSD integrates a highly matrixed organization of technical sales, marketing, learning development, product offering, and operations to develop and deliver industry leading solutions to our customers. These leaders communicate and implement Vertiv’s strategy and direction and solicit feedback for executive review. They are the voice of Sales to Vertiv.
- Performance Management – understand the achievement of each office against their goals and versus their peers with the territory, including:
- Set and manage office objectives (quota’s) to successful attainment
- Regularly review key metrics with the sales team to identify areas of strength and areas for training and education
- Analytic tools are critical to success. Being able to use PowerBI and Excel, and to help the offices use these tools, to better understand and identify areas for improvement are an essential element of the RSD role.
- Insure appropriate go to market plan is in place for each office including Key Account plans
- Assess areas for development and create plans to improve
- Customer Advocate – Understand the barriers to being successful for individual deals and utilize your role to bring the right solution to bear on the issue, to close the deal. We expect additional empowerment based on track record of successful resolutions.
- Sales Office Advocate – Understand the barriers to selling and work with Vertiv leadership to optimize the selling process. The RSD is the voice of Sales to Vertiv Leadership. You will be the first point of contact for Vertiv executives on the needs of your sales organization.
- Communicate Vertiv Direction and Strategy – Strategize with each sales office to implement the Vertiv sales strategies within their unique business. This includes selling the complete portfolio of Vertiv to maximize the Vertiv wallet share.
- Develop Market Specific Business Development Plans – Each market is unique with varying primary industries, size of the market, and varying selling partners. It is critical that each market capitalize on the right resources based on their individual needs. Some will require more focus on a specific vertical, while others may need additional focus in a particular product area as they are over penetrated in other areas. RSD understands the marketing and sales resources that can be brought to each market to be successful.
- Establish Senior Relationships with Key Customers – Large customers expect to have a relationship with their key suppliers. The RSD will be face of Vertiv for these customers.
- Coordinate Technical Resources
- Facilitate the Expansion of Best Practices – Over time each sales office will develop pockets of success. The RSD will identify these best practices and work to replicate those across their territory and across Vertiv to accelerate our sales success in winning against the competition.
- Lead by Example – The RSD is truly a quarterback that can actually do many roles, understand situations quickly, and get the right resources involved to solve the sales objection.
- Assist and Make Recommendations on staffing levels, staff effectiveness, and new hire evaluations
Additional Responsibilities for Factory Direct Territories
These additional responsibilities are needed when Factory Direct Offices exist in the Territory:
- Manage to an effective Profit and Loss pro forma, by staffing with at an appropriate expense level commensurate with the sales performance
- Provide guidance and input on the staffing decisions
- Appropriately manage administration tasks to enhance sales and limit risks. These may include entertainment expenses (suites, club memberships, etc), facility costs, marketing costs, etc.
- Provide appropriate guidance to management on associate development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering
- MBA preferred
- 8+ years of Commercial/Leadership experience