Stotz Equipment, a 25 location John Deere Dealer is looking for a full-time Regional Sales Development Manager. Are you a determined and friendly professional with a desire to help consumers find the right product or service solution to suit their needs? If so, you might be an excellent fit for our family-run business whose purpose is creating a better life for our families, communities, and those connected to the land. Our culture values collaboration, autonomy, and growth; if that sounds like the kind of company you want to work for, we'd like to meet you.
Our core values of quality, integrity, loyalty, caring, and community are woven into everything we do and have enabled us to positively impact our employees, customers, and communities for the last 73+ years.
You will be coaching and developing industry-leading agricultural equipment sales teams in Idaho and Utah. Your primary role is to maximize each sales professional's effectiveness by determining and solving training needs. To be successful in this role, you must have a good understanding of sales techniques and motivate employees of varying seniority. Ultimately, you will help our salespeople develop their skills and achieve their quotas while deepening customer relationships.
In addition to supporting and developing the sales team, you will be working with key accounts to find solutions that help solve their problems, capture opportunities, and minimize effort in doing business with Stotz Equipment. We are looking for someone excited to work with our Precision Ag Team to utilize our technological advantages to grow our marketplace presence.
Home base can be located in any of our Northern Region locations: American Falls, ID, Burley, ID, Twin Falls, ID, Preston, ID or Tremonton, UT.
What You Will Do:
- Provide consistent coaching and guidance to sales leads that strengthen sales understanding, behaviors, and overall professional selling skills
- Determines training needs by traveling with sales representatives, observing sales encounters, and studying sales results reports
- Develops individual results by maintaining sales process resources, providing coaching, conducting training sessions, and developing outcome improvement resources
- Prepares new sales representatives by conducting orientation to sales process; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance; scheduling orientation ride-alongs with senior representatives
- Improves training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques, making support readily available, and partnering with other departments
- Grow revenue and market share sustainability
- Keep up to date through continuing education efforts regarding sales techniques and theory, product, industry trends, and technology
- Work closely with store managers and leadership to ensure that our sales professionals are working together with their store teams
- Regularly visit key customers in-person with sales team members
- Provide monthly reports to leadership on salespeople and key account development
- Use an entrepreneurial approach to growing business by leveraging business partners within the Stotz business family through collaboration and regular interactions
What It Takes:
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Background in the farm equipment industry, with an Ag degree or equivalent on-job experience
- Considerable sales experience with demonstrable success in growing sustainable market share
- Familiarity with Precision Ag technology is an advantage
- Active listening skills to understand and reduce customer effort
- Intelligently communicate with our customers about their business
- Strong business acumen with the ability to manage solid financial performance
- Willingness to travel, with the potential for overnight visits
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (oral and written)