What we offer
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package. Since 2009 Evonik Industries AG has been certified as a family-friendly company by the German Hertie Foundation.
Click here to learn more about Evonik from our employees
The Business Manager – Western Region U.S. and Canada is responsible for sales of Functional Silanes to various industries including Semiconductors, Plastics and Fillers, Coatings, Adhesives and Sealants and Industrial Applications.
- Establish and cultivate higher-level contacts at key accounts in the Semiconductor industry; Foster long-term partnerships with these accounts, which may involve the establishment of non-disclosure agreements or joint development agreements, utilizing Applied Technology support. Manage all internal resources in the United States at the Global Semiconductor Competency Center in Allentown, NJ, Piscataway, NJ, Germany, and Spain as necessary to support customer requirements for growth.
- Meet or exceed forecast sales volumes and revenues through the maintenance of existing customer base in the U.S. and Canada and development of new accounts.
- Direct and manage the activity of distributors in the U.S and Canada in conjunction with the Business Director, including periodic sales support for distributor sales representatives. Ensure that a strategy for growth is in place and that each Distributor is meeting its annual targets.
- Introduce new products and applications to the industry. Keep current on evolving technical and commercial developments in the marketplace to advance Evonik's market penetration, ensuring long-term viability of the business.
- Maintain a visible and proper corporate image within the region and within the societies and associations covering these industries.
- Develop annual sales budget for the assigned region in conjunction with the Sales Director.
- Participate in strategic planning and goal setting.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related is required
- Minimum of eight years of technical sales experience in specialty chemicals is required
- Experience with silanes in the semi-conductor, coatings, adhesives & sealants, plastics/fillers, fiberglass and investment casting industries is preferred
- Must be able to sell in a wide variety of situations to industry market leaders and regional distribution.
- Must have the ability to use a combination of Silane product knowledge and application skills in the following segments: semiconductors, coatings, metal treatment coatings, adhesives and sealants for the construction industry, fiberglass production, crosslinking of PE, adhesion and dispersion of and fillers
- Must keep current in multiple Silane product technologies.
- Must have a high level of organization skills to balance multiple activities (sales calls, reporting, technical training, communications, distributor management, forecasting, etc.).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have the versatility to interact at all levels within the customer organization and with a wide variety of inter-divisional support functions within Evonik Corporation.
- Must have the ability to build relationships at target accounts with corporate purchasing, R&D and non-purchasing, including plant locations.
To ensure the fastest process of your application and to protect the environment, please apply online via our careers portal at https://careers.evonik.com.
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 140688
Evonik Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Evonik will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Evonik works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Evonik receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement, and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment, no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.