The Refrigerated Trailer and Truck Technician will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit maintenance equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers. Technician must possess a complete understanding of all aspects of refrigeration system operation, maintenance, repair, and installation. This will include, but not be limited to basic preventive maintenance (PM) services, engine and power plant service and repair, refrigeration service and repairs electrical system repairs, repairs to the trailers structure, suspension, brakes, air systems, and electrical systems.
- Perform all levels of maintenance services, with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit such as Carrier and/or Thermo King commercial refrigeration equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
- Be able to test lines, components, and connections using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic test equipment.
- Read complex schematics associated with the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair orders.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area and environment, including but not limited to cleaning shop equipment, floors, and fluid containment areas.
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Provide additional support regarding preventative maintenance and tractor trailer maintenance as required.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years or more of direct experience, including performing service and repair on mobile refrigerated equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of all necessary tools of trade
- Valid Driver’s License
- 21 years or older
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Vocational or Technical certification
- Specialized training and experience in the overhaul of refrigeration components
- ASE Certification
- EPA Section 608/609 Technician Certification (Type II)
- Current CDL license with air brake certification
All full-time employees are offered Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays and Medical Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) and 401k.
Specialty tools will be provided.
Innovative Refrigeration Sales and Service of West Virginia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender, medical condition or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws in the State of West Virginia.
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- service and repair on mobile refrigerated equipment: 3 years (Preferred)
- ASE, EPA Section 608/609 Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible