Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) is a comprehensive model that integrates rehabilitation, treatment, and support services for people with serious mental illness. .
Sample goals for individuals using PROS:
- Live independently
- build natural supports
- find and keep a job
- reach higher levels of education
- secure preferred housing
- Improve medication management
GENERAL STATEMENT: The full-time Recovery Specialist is responsible to operate as a team member of the PROS staff in providing recovery oriented services to participants with diverse needs such as mental illness, chemical addiction, developmental disabilities, etc. The Recovery Specialist will facilitate recovery in partnership with the individuals served to develop a plan to support them in achieving their life goals and desired roles.
- Be a Professional staff, meaning members who are qualified by credentials, training and experience to provide supervision and direct services related to the care or treatment of persons with a designated mental illness diagnosis and shall include one of the following:
- Creative Arts Therapist – Currently licensed by the New York State Education Department.
- Marriage and Family Therapist.
- LMHC, LMSW or LCSW.
- Occupational Therapist.
- Rehabilitation Counselor.
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
- Valid and clean NYS Driver?s License preferred, reliable transportation required.
- Excellent judgment, coaching, skill development and conflict management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening).
- Positive Customer focused attitude.
- Flexibility, reliability and cooperation.
- Willingness to perform extra duties.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to work effectively independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, OTHERS MAY BE ASSIGNED:
SPECIFIC PROGRAM DUTIES:
- Maintains a therapeutic environment at all times by recognizing that every interaction is an opportunity for growth and personal development.
- Provides recovery-oriented, evidenced based programming to support participants in achieving their goals and desired life roles.
- Completes CAIRS Admissions, enrollment changes and subsequent reviews every 6 months with the participant.
- Coordinates with hospitals/in-patient programs regarding return of program participants.
- Conducts drug and alcohol screening as appropriate.
- Assists and educates participants in benefits planning and maintenance of benefits.
- Conducts person-centered, recovery-oriented assessment and develops individualized recovery plans in partnership with the participants and their significant others.
- Provides clinical therapy in individual, group and family modalities based on participant needs.
- Utilizes evidenced based practices in developing and delivering curriculum for Intensive Rehabilitation (IR), as well as Clinic Treatment (CT) services.
- Provides symptom monitoring monthly and as needed, and communicates outcomes to the participant?s psychiatrist.
- Provides information, education and facilitates a collaborative opportunity for growth to participants both in the community and on-site.
- Provides Community Rehabilitation and Support (CRS) services to assist participants in managing their mental health condition, restoring skills, and developing or establishing supports.
- Attends and participate in staffing meetings and presentation of participants with psychiatrist.
- Documents files in an accurate, concise and professional manner to meet NYS and Federal Licensing requirements.
- Provides linkage, referral and on-going communication to ensure continuity with supportive services, significant others, healthcare, financial, legal, as well as social services.
- Provide case management for a caseload of participants with the responsibility for coordination of recovery needs and documentation in case records.
- Completes Utilization Review and acts as a member of the PROS Quality Improvement Committee.
- Coordinates the process of transfer and/or referral of participants to other levels of care when recommended by the multidisciplinary team.
- Participates in the intake and screening of new participants in the pre-admission process.
- Plans and implements on-going recreation/socialization activities with participants both within the program and in the community.
- Completes outreach and engagement activities to ensure continuity of services, including off-site visits as needed.
- Provides evening and weekend hours as scheduled.
- Documents progress notes, conducts assessments, and develops Relapse Preventions and Individualized Recovery plans concurrently.
- Provides services during evening and weekend hours as scheduled.
- Provides Ongoing Rehabilitation and Support (ORS) services to ensure continuity of care for recipients of service as directed.
RELATIONSHIP TO AGENCY STAFF:
- Utilizes and maintains effective vehicles for daily communication.
- Works collaboratively with all agency departments to meet regulatory compliance with requirements of NYS and Federal licensing agencies, as well as the standards set forth in agency policy and procedure.
- Assure regulatory compliance with New York State OMH regulations.
- Assure regulatory compliance with Corporate Compliance, HIPAA, and Federal Confidentiality Regulations contained in 42 Code of Federal Regulations Part 2.
- Prepare site for inspections and re-certifications.
- Provides support and assistance in crisis/problematic situations.
- Makes timely decisions in both crisis/non-crisis situations by using good judgment and welcomes input from supervisor, appropriate staff, providers and significant others.
- Informs direct supervisor and/or administrator on call regarding incidents.
- Follows up to ensure completion of Untoward Incidents for all incidents.
- Acts as an effective role model at all times.
- Maintains staff/participant confidentiality with regard to written and verbal information.
- Develops an appropriate rapport with staff/participants and maintains respectful conduct at all times.
- Wears attire appropriate to the working environment and situation.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to staff/participant needs.
- Represents the agency in a positive and professional manner in all interactions in the agency and the community.
ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD:
- Ensures all documentation and entry into the electronic medical record is accurate and timely.
- Follows training instruction at all times when utilizing the system and seeks support from designated staff when appropriate.
- Utilizes the training environment to test skills prior to live entry at all times.
- Promptly seeks clarification of agency policies and procedures from appropriate resources.
- Maintains relationships and open communication with all service providers throughout Central New York Services, Inc., as well as community providers.
- Attend all agency required trainings and participate in miscellaneous training opportunities for continued growth and development.
- In the event of an emergency, availability outside of traditional working hours or regularly scheduled program site may be expected.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How do you look at your responsibility for your work
Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software
Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or job type
Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others
Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal
Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
Possessing the trait or being organized or following a system
Ability to act calmly under stress and strain and of not being hasty or impetuous
Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and coworkers
The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one?s conduct
Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect others safety
Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others
Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is needs to be able to sit for long periods of time and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and must be able to do close work at a computer monitor.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The principle duties and responsibilities enumerated are all essential job functions.