Vermeer Southeast is a full-service dealer of Vermeer industrial equipment across Florida, Georgia and Alabama. Established in 1967, the dealership has 10 locations in the region with more than 180 team members dedicated to sales, parts and service. Now 100% employee-owned, the Vermeer Southeast team supports customers in the tree care, landscape, wood waste, organic recycling and underground utility construction industries.
Our corporate office is located in Orlando, Florida with branches in Boynton Beach, Clearwater, Ft. Myers, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Pensacola. We also have branches in Buford, Marietta and Savannah, Georgia, as well as, in Birmingham, Alabama and some International Locations.
Vermeer Southeast is currently seeking a Receptionist in our Clearwater, FL location to provide exceptional customer service through participating as part of our Vermeer Connect (vConnect) team answering calls and assisting administratively to create success for our customers, team members, and for everyone they interact with every day.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing them appropriately.
- Answer, screen, and forward any incoming phone calls in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, striving to minimize the time they are put on hold.
- Monitor staff availability and locate them in the store to handle customers concern.
- Assist with customer when the service and parts department are unavailable.
- Take messages while speaking to customers on the phone and relay this information accurately and efficiently to the appropriate staff members if they are unavailable.
- Communicate with customer on their equipment service availability.
- Ensure each equipment sales lead is effectively communicated to in a timely manner.
- Ensure administrative responsibilities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keep track of all equipment sales, service and parts manuals.
Desired skills and Experience:
- High School degree or equivalent industry experience in office and customer service operations.
- Two (2) year experience with demonstrated communication and basic office skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving and time management skills
- Team player able to work effectively with other people
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) required
- Typing speed of 30 words per minute a must
- Telephone Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance and punctual
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Health insurance with 0 deductible
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment