The receptionist is responsible to provide administrative, reception, housekeeping and office support for the company. This position is also the first point of contact for visitors and callers.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
BCI offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package to include:
- Individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employer sponsored life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability.
- Paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan and matching contribution.
- Professional development.
- Answer all incoming calls and transfer to appropriate people, take detailed messages and contact necessary staff immediately, answer questions about the organization and provide callers with the address, directions, and other pertinent information.
- Greet, assist and/or direct on-site visitors, determine the nature of their business, and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Check the calendar regularly and make preparations for meetings. This includes conference room cleaning, make fresh coffee, etc. Also clean up after every meeting, wipe off the table and check the glass for fingerprints.
- Prepare coffee/beverages for guests and maintain stock and cleanliness of related machines and supplies.
- Operate computers with Microsoft Office and Windows to record, store and analyze information. Provide administrative support to entire staff as needed.
- Use Outlook to schedule and track jobs and appointments for multiple employees.
- Keep internal databases clean and current. Assist with consolidating and correcting existing data, as well as tracking off-site file management.
- Use the internet to research maps, locations, directions, etc. to set up new jobs with complete information to assist the engineers.
- Setup and close out job folders and digital files the same day they are assigned, usually within one hour of assignment.
- Enter new and closed projects into the BCI Geotechnical Database and Project Status Sheet and email Project Managers with requested information.
- Maintain up-to-date company contacts in the global address book.
- Coordinate mail flow in and out of office; manage the postage meter and track usage.
- Accept and sign for mail and packages and distribute accordingly.
- Prepare shipping labels and postage, placing a copy of the postage receipt in the applicable job folder.
- Maintain the reception area, lobby, conference room and break room/kitchen which includes cleaning, straightening, and organizing. Each week, wipe down the entire break room with bleach, including the water collection tray on the water cooler. Remind all employees to remove their items from the refrigerator each Friday. Clean all glass at least once a week, but always when you see fingerprints.
- Keep candy filled on reception desk and in conference room.
- Keep all break room supplies well-stocked.
- Maintain copiers; stock supplies at copiers and work tables, fill both copiers with paper daily, and as needed.
- Recognize issues that need to be addressed as they occur, whether or not directly assigned, and assist others as needed.
- Any other general office support as business needs arise.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- High morale and positive attitude.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance.
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Highschool or equivalent degree preferred.
- 1-10 years of experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong phone skills.
- Self-starting and assertive, high energy, highly organized and ownership mentality.
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills with ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently.