Cactus Holdings/Booth Capital is looking to hire a Real Estate Paralegal to join our corporate team. We are searching for a responsible and detail-oriented, tenacious paralegal who can work independently. Responsibilities will include coordinating efforts between attorneys and other third parties with respect to each assigned transaction. Retrieving documentation as required for real estate transactions, ordering, reviewing and analyzing title commitments, recorded documents and surveys.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging and rewarding. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of successfully researching complex topics using various mediums with a positive, can-do attitude. This position affords the opportunity to work with senior management within Cactus Holdings/Booth Capital.
This is a growing department and perfect role for someone who is looking to grow long term with an organization.
Why choose a career with Cactus Holdings/Booth Capital?
Cactus Holdings/Booth Capital employs over 1,900 people and owns over 2 Million square feet in NYC Real Estate, with over 75 properties, management, development, affordable housing and virtually debt free! We serve over 1,000 weekly wholesale customers and our retail locations serve over 900K people weekly. We are expanding and looking for the right candidate to join our team.
- Reviewing contracts, including lease or rental agreements and closing documents
- Facilitating communication between the lawyers, lenders and third parties
- Developing, monitoring and updating closing and other checklists for real estate transactions
- Monitoring financial transactions
- Preparing numerous documents and coordinating execution and delivery of documentation to other parties’ counsel, lenders, governmental agencies, vendors, etc.
- Assisting with preparation of tax related applications and working with clients to obtain required documentation, preparing petitions for tax consolidations and/or divisions and reviewing abstract leases
- Assist with drafting documents for commercial, residential and mixed use developments
- Prepare articles of incorporation, resolutions and consents
- Maintaining corporate and real estate files
- You will assist with preparation of tax related applications and work closely with clients to obtain required documentation, reviews and abstracts leases
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate required
- A minimum of 3 years experience supporting a Commercial Real Estate practice group or law firm
- Mortgage finance experience representing lenders
- Title and survey experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, attorneys and lenders on a daily basis
- Strong organizational and attention to detail required to handle large volumes of work associated with each case and transaction
- Experience with complex real estate transactions, including all asset transactions
- Strong communication skills in directly dealing with clients to help implement their instructions and address some of their concerns
- Keen attention to detail, organization and consistency.
- Ability to work collaboratively