The Real Estate Paralegal is responsible for providing organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Real Estate Department in all stages of real estate transactions from pre- to post-closing duties. Demonstrates professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple priorities and work in an organized, efficient manner at any given time. Supports the department with general administrative duties and special projects. Must be able to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in drafting, managing and organizing various documents related to real estate transactions, including escrow instructions, title and survey review, entity formations, UCC searches, local transfer requirements and due diligence.
- Utilizes, creates or establishes procedures to manage large, complex transactions; attends closings and manages closing room; coordinates workflow and manages and controls execution of closing documents; tracks, obtains and organizes pre- and post-closing documents to assure performance of obligations.
- Drafts closing documents including, but not limited to, basic agreements and third party consents; compiles information and prepares schedules and exhibits to agreements.
- Assists with post-closing matters including, but not limited to, mailings, closing binders and transfer agreements.
- Manages the preparation and filing of various documents, including amendments and closing documents, as well as preparation of opinions for partner approval.
- Maintains timely and accurate timekeeping records.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of real estate paralegal experience within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within real estate practice area.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA certified paralegal program preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Requires manual dexterity and physical mobility, including the ability to move frequently (several times an hour) from work station or desk to work independently or with team to organize documents/binders and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area.
- Position requires ability to move from the work station or desk several times throughout the day and go to various offices to retrieve documents and meet with attorneys, and receive instructions.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.