Title: Real Estate Manager
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Experience: 5 years in commercial property management
We are the recognized leader in providing commercial real estate services in the Treasure Valley. We are currently seeking an experienced, qualified commercial real estate manager to join our asset services team and manage an established portfolio.
Ours is a collegial environment where all business lines – brokerage, property management, accounting, administration, marketing, etc. – work closely together. Idea sharing is the standard protocol. For this reason, identifying a candidate who can enhance this culture is as important as finding someone who can perform the technical duties of a real estate manager.
The real estate manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of properties for a variety of clients, and should therefore be adept at managing, not only commercial properties, but also multiple relationships with diverse clients, tenants and co-workers.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Direct, motivate and evaluate on-site building staff and service providers.
- Establish budget parameters and/or expense limits.
- Ensure tenant service requests for repairs, maintenance, improvements and lease administration are answered timely, completely and accurately.
- Work with the leasing team to minimize vacancies and prepare vacated units for showing.
- Determine preventative maintenance and daily service specifications, standards and repair parameters.
- Conduct RFP processes.
- Conduct regular property inspections.
- Identify, prevent, address, and eliminate environmental, health, safety issues.
- Participate in inspections and property walk-through.
- Ensure that proprietary information is protected and kept confidential.
- Review and administer tenant leases and collect rent.
- Develop capital requirements and budget.
- Prepare, review and approve CAM (operating expense) reconciliations.
- Prepare budget and monthly variance report, tenant correspondence, etc.
- College degree preferred.
- 5+ years of commercial property management experience preferred.
- Must be skilled with Microsoft Office suite, Internet.
- Property management software (Yardi) knowledge a plus.
- Broad understanding of financial terms and principals.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and prioritize workload
- Strong “Customer First” communication skills.
- Position to be filled in Boise with weekly travel required within the State of Idaho or position to be filled in Twin Falls with some travel required within the State of Idaho.
Colliers Idaho is a locally-owned affiliate of Colliers International – an industry leading global real estate company with more than 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. Client relationships are built on experience, speed-to-market and enduring trust. At Colliers, our growth strategy allows us to remain focused on doing the right things for our clients, our people, our community and our shareholders every day. If you are looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community, this could be the position for you!
This is a full-time, salary position. A full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available. Compensation based on experience. Selected candidate will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.
Colliers Idaho is committed to advancing our diversity and inclusion in the workplace to foster an environment that supports equality for our present and future diverse professionals. Diversity and inclusion strengthen our business by enriching our culture, helping us deepen relationships among our people and accelerating success for our clients. We pride ourselves in attracting, developing and retaining top, diverse talent in Idaho. As part of that, we are on a progressive journey to foster an environment in which everyone at Colliers, regardless of background, gender, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation or experiences feels respected and comfortable bringing their authentic selves to do their best work.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Yardi: 1 year (Preferred)
- Property Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place