Position Title: Real Estate Loan Processor I
Department: Mortgage Services
Salary Grade: 7
Supervisor’s Title: Mortgage Services Manager
This position is responsible for the processing of all real estate loans in accordance with all state and federal regulations, and internal policies and procedures. This includes home equity loans, mortgage loans, and business real estate loans.
1. Responsible to execute documents and disburse all real estate mortgage application packages received via all acceptable delivery channels.
2. Maintain direct contact with members, branches, and third-party vednors throughout the disbursement process in order to expedite fund/closing to meet or exceed member expectations.
3. Preparation of any documented needed for loan closing and routing to appropriate branch staff or closing agent for disbursement.
4. Work to satisfy all conditions when received from the Underwriters in a timely manner.
5. Maintain padi rel estate loan files to include completion of and satisfaction of mortgage documents.
6. Preparation of and disbursement of loan funds.
7. Prepare and issue all preliminary disclosures per state and federal regulations applicable to real estate loan requests.
8. Execute and perfect mortgage filing documents.
9. Order, coordinate, and maintain direct communication/contact with title agencies, abstractors, and settlement agents and attorneys, and insurance agencies/agents, etc.
10. Responsible to order, obtain and maintain flood certifications and flood insurance coverage as required.
11. Construct and maintain credit file, to include applicable checklist.
12. Complete and meet post-closing requirements within the stipulated time frame.
13. Assist members and cross-sell available products and services that best fit the members needs.
14. Operate as a team player at all times, and assist other Real Estate Processors as necessary. Provide consistent, clear communication within the team. Work closely with Lending Sales employees, Business Services, and Consumer Lending Processing Representatives.
15. Process loans in accordance with established procedures, policies, and standard guidelines.
16. Maintain and compile monthly reporting data nd reports as required.
17. Keep informed on current trends and regulatory requirements in mortgage/real estate lending.
18. Meet or exceed the minimum established individuals goals and objectives each month.
19. Embody Belco’s Mission, Vision, and Belco Life Brand.
20. Perform other duties as assigned by the Mortgage Services Manager.
- Relationship Building/Networking
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, fax machines, hole puncher, stapler, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentials of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. It would however, require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and operate general office equipment such as those listed above (see work environment, above). Sitting, standing, bending and hand dexterity are required. Ambulation – able to move from one area to another throughout a regular one-floor office layout. Stairs and elevator provided for movement from one floor to another and to enter and exit the building.
This position may require some travel in order to successfully complete the assigned functions and goals, including educational trainings.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of similar or related or preparatory experience. Candidates must also possess an NMLO designation (Safe Act Compliant). You must complete and pass the prescribled online Learning Management System courses assigned for this position within two years after position acceptance and before consideration for promotion. Additional education/training requirements may be requested as new courses become available. Certain courses may be waived based on prior experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Higher education and more than 2 years of similar or related experience, and completion of a specialized course of study in the mortgage lending field or an extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.or completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program. Preferred candidates will possess a Pennsylvania Notary designation
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.