Under general supervision of the Senior Director, Real Estate Development, act as liaison with outside partners on current portfolio assets; prepare and review required real estate reports both internal and those provided by our partners; maintain and coordinate with all partners and service providers on current portfolio assets; assist in proforma development and other development activities on new projects and perform other duties as assigned.
35% Acts as liaison with outside vendors in the development projects and Assurity preferred equity closing process, which includes:
- communicating with development partners, internal and external attorneys, banks, title companies and insurance companies on development activities;
- preparing and reviewing preferred equity proformas;
- tracking down required documentation for development preferred equity closings; and
- working with all other parties involved in monitoring placement of Assurity funds in the project.
35% Manage and oversee existing investments:
- reviewing existing asset property management reports and filing;
- oversee project work for existing assets including tenant improvement build outs or property capital improvement projects for wholly owned assets;
- maintain required preferred equity project reporting and set up follow up visits; and
- assist in any disposition, refinance or events in our existing portfolio.
15% Development activity support:
- assist in required development project activities for development projects;
- process and review loan draws; and
- attend site visits as required.
10% Assist in marketing and leasing support:
- coordinating meetings with potential development partners and follow up support;
- review incoming potential projects and support in analysis of deals;
- assist in creating required marketing materials for the preferred equity model; and
- conduct market analysis where applicable.
5% Perform all other duties as assigned, which includes:
- coordinating AM Best and other statutory reporting requirements; and
- working on special projects as assigned.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be substituted as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Four to six years’ experience in business or related field required. Previous experience in real estate or construction industry also required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Must be detail oriented and possess excellent judgement.
Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge required.
AutoCAD/ Sketchup/ Adobe InDesign knowledge preferred.
Talent required in values, work intensity, achiever, positivity, relationship, resourcefulness, command,
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in business, construction management, engineering, architecture, or related field
PHYSICAL AND WORK SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS
May require work in excess of 40 hours a week to complete functions of position. Traveling to job
sites with your own vehicle may be required approximately once every other week.