The intern would be reporting to the Accounting and Finance teams and would be supporting them in whichever tasks needed to be completed. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reformatting financial reports as needed, including daily cash report, daily accrued report and monthly and quarterly investors’ reports;
- Processing A/P Invoices, Purchase Orders, A/R, journal entries
- General Credit & Collections
- Scanning and Filing documents according to pre-existing systems
- Cut checks as Needed
- Reviewing, investigating and correcting errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports;
- Answers telephone questions relating to open invoices and outstanding balances.
- Provide any other financial/accounting assistance as needed.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
- Solid understanding of Basic Account Principles required
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Able to work independently with attention to detail
- Able to follow direction and work effectively individually or in a team environment
- Able to respond to stressful situations, co-workers and customers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret financial data
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word, Excel, , etc
- Knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks; and
- Keen interest in real estate development market, particularly in Brooklyn.
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion. All interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time to Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location