Natalist is a venture-backed women’s health startup making fertility essentials. We empower our customers with content and products that respect their time, intelligence, and emotional journey. Our products are beautifully designed and backed by science.
We are looking for a self-motivated, curious, and thorough student to join our product team for the upcoming Spring 2020 Semester (or sooner if the candidate’s schedule will allow).
What You’ll Do: Responsibilities and Learning Objectives
Assist the Chief Scientific Officer/Head of R&D in the achievement of the department’s goals.
- Analyze primary scientific literature relating to:
- nutrition, the environment, and its effects on fertility
- current best practices in obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive endocrinology and infertility
- issues in women’s health
- Evaluate Natalist blog posts and other marketing content for scientific accuracy
- Create synopses of scientific studies for the layperson to be used on social media or blog
- Understand the inner workings of a scientific product department within a startup and assist with the ad hoc tasks that come up on a daily basis
- Working towards or completion of an undergraduate degree in biology, biochemistry or similar field
- Competence in reading and comprehending primary research
- Prior experience in scientific writing a plus
- Good written communication and organizational skills
- Strong time and project management
- Quick learner and independent worker
What it’s like to work here
Natalist seeks to be a great employer, where employees feel purpose, balance and motivation to do their best work. We take our results seriously but not ourselves, dress casually but perform at a very high and professional level. You’re a good fit for us if you:
- Work smart. You constantly look for efficiencies, push yourself and others to excellence. You’re excited about the opportunity to innovate and work across disciplines.
- Are a “scientist.” You’re intellectually curious, ask meaningful questions and use data to aid your decision making. You’re intrigued by the idea of uncovering information that leads to solutions for our customers.
- Consider yourself a “good human.” You value honesty, trust and treating others with respect. The “Golden Rule” rings true for you.
- Are creative. Y ou think of unique solutions and have an appreciation for both beauty and function. You like building things from scratch.
- Compensation: The position pays $15/hour
- Hours: 20-25 hours per week
- Starting Date/Ending Date: January 2020- May 2020
- Supervisor: Dr. Elizabeth Kane, Natalist CSO and Head of R&D
Interested? Please submit your resume along with to [email protected] com.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)