PPG is currently in search of a Technical Sales Representative for the Railcar Market, within our Protective and Marine Coatings business, covering the Northeastern US. The territory spans from PA to VA to ME.
PPG is a world leader in protective and marine coatings, developing products that protect customers’ assets in some of the world’s most demanding conditions and environments, including: Civil infrastructure, Offshore, Petrochemical, Power, Marine new-build, dry dock & sea stock.
If you would enjoy the challenge of maintaining relationships with current customers while also opening and selling to new accounts, being responsible for your own territory, and developing strategic sales territory business plans, then we are interested in hearing from you!
- Achieve a specified sales and net contribution within the market by selling PPG Coatings Products across all major segments and distribution channels.
- Open and service new and current customer accounts assigned to a specified territory.
- Respond to customer needs concerning product recommendations, application and performance.
- Analyze territory performance reports and develop strategic sales territory business plans. Travel and cover large multi-state territory.
- Maintain a good understanding of the market, customers, competition and developments within Rail segment in order to leverage sales opportunities.
- Write coatings specifications, make recommendations, and work with OEM Customers.
- Calculate discounts and profit associated with selling price; take measurements and calculate surface area associated with making product volume estimates.
- Read and understand product data sheets, material safety data sheets, scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Minimum education High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 + years proven sales experience, preferably in Protective Coatings industry.
- Excellent follow up skills in order to respond to customers in a timely manner.
- Ability to problem-solve – deal with customer complaints in a timely manner and identify appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of OEM type equipment. Plural component, heated spray equipment
- Experience with coating inspection and Failure analysis
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.