Under supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs accurate and efficient diagnostic exams in all areas of general radiology. Demonstrates good clinical skills and provide the best possible images for interpretation. Applies principles of radiation protections. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
1. On those exams that competency has been gained, performs quality diagnostic exams.
2. Ability to accurately and efficiently use the hospital computer system(s) for verifying orders, view schedules and patient’s worklists. Able to send information and images to PACS.
3. Follows the guidelines when performing final verification of patient identification and physician orders.
4. Acquires an accurate patient history and ensures STAT requests are relayed to radiologist in timely manner.
5. Performs radiographic exams and related patient care using age appropriate methods for patient’s physical and/or mental limitations to ensure patient safety.
6. Practices and follows universal precaution standard guidelines set forth by Beaumont. Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean.
7. Utilize ALARA standards for minimizing radiation exposure to patient, staff and self.
8. Effectively communicates with patients/family, medical staff and peers.
9. Assists technologist in duties as assigned.
10. Can work in areas within the department where competency has been achieved as along as indirect supervision can be maintained.
11. Must work under the direct supervision in the fluoroscopy areas such as but not limited to the endoscopy area and surgical procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Currently in accredited Radiologic Technologist program at 2nd year student level.
- Training can be gained while at student level.
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers Course from the American Heart Association.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS APPLY NOW
CURRENT EMPLOYEES APPLY NOW