Job ID: 157460
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Quarry Foreman will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of a quarry. The Foreman will also need to develop and maintain teamwork at the location to ensure a productive outcome. The ultimate goal for this position is to develop an environment of working teams and guiding these teams to be the best in the business.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Supervise, evaluate, coach, and motivate personnel supervised.
- Oversee and enforce company and MSHA safety programs and policies
- Manage the workforce assigned to the quarry daily.
- Direct work at assigned locations and job sites.
- Maintain quality assurance of the quarry as required.
- Ensure routine upkeep of property.
- Control expenditures and maximize profits for the quarry, region, and company.
- Control and maintain inventory levels.
- Routinely inspect vehicles and equipment to report repairs needed.
- Assist with accident and environmental investigation/compliance.
- Analyze and correct hazardous conditions.
- Complete all paperwork and reports required by the company in a timely manner.
- Issue discipline at the direction of the Superintendent or Production Manager.
- Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety, or Human Resources.
- Review time cards and monitor attendance.
- Adhere to and positively communicate all company policies.
- Must operate heavy equipment when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- BS in Mining Engineering or related field a plus.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Three to five years of increasing responsibilities with aggregates, concrete, or similar duties within construction industry highly preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and company personnel.
- Ability to supervise and control personnel to accommodate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to take initiative and be a problem solver.
- Ability to make good judgement calls when under pressure.
- Ability to understand maps.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions pertainint to billing, volumes, quantities, etc.
- Must have, or acquire, good computer skills in order to operate batching, billing, and communication equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to hold weights of 5-10lbs in a stretched arm position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (minimum) on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.