The ATC Quality Manager is responsible to lead and manage qualification plans, quality testing both standard and non-standard, audits, supplier and material readiness, safety and ISO 9001compliance for the Advance Technology Center (ATC). Covering both R&D and Operational teams, the Quality Manager actively participates in all quality functions pertaining to new products and technologies developed by the ATC and transferred to manufacturing facilities throughout the world. This full-time salaried position reports to the Operations General Manager. The ATC Quality Manager also serves as Chemical Hygeine Officer (CHO) and ensures regulatory compliance, has a good working knowledge of TSCA, RoHS and other relevant regulatory procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety and training of quality team members on process, materials and equipment.
- Ensures good laboratory hygiene and best practices are maintained.
- Oversee and direct both standard and non-standard quality testing for materials and goods.
- Oversee and manage quality process schedules and meet timelines established by the ATC.
- Collaborate with R&D, Manufacturing and Global Quality teams on deficiencies and corrective action plans.
- Maintain and lead the Quality Management System for the ATC to ensure adherence to ISO 9001.
- Oversee development of work instructions and quality process documents.
- Oversee raw material incoming inspection and supplier management for ATC.
- Manage and conduct activities to ensure ATC remains compliant with RoHS, OSHA, TSCA and other relevant regulatory needs.
- Ensure maintainance to OSHA requirements, including SDS tracking systemsManage and oversee material retains & samples storage and tracking.Ensure equipment calibrations are maintained
- Supervise the safe and regulatory use of all testing equipment and facilities.
- Discuss equipment operation with team members, other maintenance personnel, or engineering to diagnose problems or determine machine repairs.
- Participate in the budgeting activity for the ATC that includes, services, calibration, consumables, travel, expenses and all spend activity for the Quality department.
- Manage and oversee Quality team testing equipment and calibration.
- Manage and develop Quality team equipment preventive maintenance plans.
- Coordinate for the purchase and installation of new equipment or replacement parts as needed.
- Monitor productivity against established goals.
- Manage team work/shift schedules, vacation and administrative actions.
- Drive process improvement program using the company PRISM program.
- Enforce SOPs and safety guidelines with team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with MS Office Suite with routine use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Minitab experience is desired
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in English.
- Basic understanding of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and the Hazard Communication Program
- Follow of Safety guidelines, procedures, and requirements when in manufacturing area
- Closed toe shoe required when in manufacturing area
- Use of all necessary and appropriate PPE
- Minimum of Two, Five years preferred as a Quality manager in a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership and collaborative skillset
- Able to effectively communicate with written, verbal or other methods across a global organization and several cross-functional departments