EDUCATION: Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years’ experience in quality assurance role with proficiency in Quality Engineering tools (RCCA, SPC, PPAP)
– EEO/AA M/F/V/D
– NCRC preferred
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for Aerospace processes, materials, and products. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Evaluates precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities. Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility. Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Investigate non-conformance issues, both internally generated and as a result of customer reported non-conformance issues to determine the root cause of the non-conformance and corrective action.
- Prepare corrective action responses to customers reporting non-conformance.
- Prepare departmental procedures and work instructions required by AS9100 and all customer requirements.
- Evaluate the Quality department processes, including the laboratory, radiography, liquid fluorescent penetrant, and rough/fixture/final/shipping inspection. Evaluate these processes and make recommendations for improvements and efficiencies.
- Liaison between the Engineering and Manufacturing departments for issues relating to non-conformance issues identified by the Quality department and potential corrective actions.
- Develop new inspection instruction sheets used in rough/final/shipping inspection and the review and updating of previously issued inspection instruction sheets.
- Preparation of inspection procedures.
- Perform data analysis, including SPC, as needed to support process improvement.
- Participating in customer surveys and audits including the preparation of all check sheets required by the customer prior to the survey or audit.
- Participate in the audit of sub-tier suppliers.
- Sand system facilitation and review.
- Preparation of submissions made to customers for waivers, deviations and concessions.
- Know the fundamentals and be functional in the BLIS computer systems.
- Know the fundamentals and be functional in the principles of the laboratory, heat treatment, liquid fluorescent penetrant, radiography, and rough/fixture/final/shipping inspection functions.
- Designated as key personnel for NADCAP requirements.
- Metal history review.
- MRB Quality Representative.
- Calibration facilitator; review calibration records, record calibration data for recall. NADCAP, ISO, and Customer specific specifications.
- Perform process audits as assigned.
These job duties are not all inclusive. The Company, from time to time, may require the incumbent to perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place